<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13630435?origin\x3dhttp://one-same-sky.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Just last week, I was exposed to Romantic Music.. I used to play lots of Baroque music as it sounds simple and lively to me. I nv owned any Romantic Books up till last week..

For ppl who dun understand the periods, i shall do a brief explanation of the history of Music.

Basically, there are 4 periods, exlu cding the earliest Renaissance period. Baroque, Classical, Romantic and Modern.

Baroque's Music involves lots of imitation, like there is a main tune and you will hear it all over the piece in the R and L hand. There are some moderations in each parts too.

Classical period involves chords in the L hand and Melody in the R hand. Most music are in the form of operas and so the pieces are very long, each have a different theme. I am playing it too and since there are much chordas, the music seems light and cheerful. One famous composer from Classical Period is Mozart.

Romantic period's music are very expressive pedals are used. Musicians often compose songs to express their feelings. Its dramatic. Beethoven is a Romantic composer although his early music contains some Classical style.

Modern music includes Jazz and all those which you are familiar with..

As you can see, most ppl prefer Romantic music.. but i liked Baroque music in the start.. so i played alot of music from that period..

When teacher played a short piece of Romantic music written by Beethoven, I can only say,

I am IMPRESSED.!!!

My brain froze at that moment and i cant help admiring the really really really GREAT Beethoven!!!

If i ask you to name me one composer, you will probably tell me Mozart.. coz hes name was everywhere since we were young..

Me too, i used to think that Mozart was my fav composer due to external influence.. He was just TOO FAMOUS!!!

Wanna know why i admire Beethoven?

Coz, for 16 years he was deaf. And yet he composed much of his greatest works during the period.


I really cant visualise how he went through those dark days..

To a musician.. hearing is the most important sense of all..

If i were to lose my most important thing.. i..

I cant imagine it now..

Although Beethoven cant hear.. he listened to the music he composed by putting his ears on the floor and hear the vibrations made by the piano...


Simply brilliant.


I am really touched when i hear his music..


Because i saw Hope..

I hope ppl will not forget abt this remarkable composer and do not GIVE UP.!

Someday, i believe you will create your own Masterpiece.


I'm waiting to see your masterpiece. ^^

6:20 PM;;
find your instrument~