Thursday, December 06, 2007
I went to see the doctor with my mom today. At first I find it stupid coz my reason was I’m tired! Its true! No matter how much I sleep, I feel so tired and sometimes my right eye feels pressured, since September..
I told this to the doc. He asked me a number of questions.
“At what time do you normally sleep?“
“Since when did you start feeling so tired?”
“Do you eat well?”
Then, came in this part.
Doc: “Do you have any troubles?”
Me: “???!... em.. yes I guess so. But I think its ok.”
Doc: “Do you have any troubles you feel that you cant solved?”
Me: *thinking* (I didn’t know how to explain to him but I said…) “To me, I’ll just see it if can be solved or not.…..”
Doc: “Do you have a friend you could talk to?”
Me: “yes”
Doc: “So you could handle your problems?”
Me: “oh yes”
He continued to ask things like if I have dreams and wat izzit about.. if I’m eating well and etc..
Later he said this to me.
“Normally, theres no medicine we give to cure tiredness. Basically, as a teenager, it is psychological problems that are causing stress subconsciously. There are 3 types of stressors; family, school and interpersonal relationships. Relationships are the most common in teenagers… etc
I want you to step a step back, think about the problems you are facing, and determine if you can handle it. You must talk to someone about it. We shall try this out and see if you still feel so tired as it may be a psychological problem. And I would want you to see a eye doctor to get your eye pressure checked just in case. Dun worry, you dun have brain tumour, your blood pressure is normal =)”
So that’s what happened… I was totally stunned. I didn’t expect all this. At first my mom suggested going to the doc becoz I was really afraid I got some tumour in brain causing my super tiredness.. And the doctors questions are really like so unexpected. The worse thing is that my mom was there too!! Goodness..
Hahas.. turned out I might have some psychological illness.. Makes me sound mental! Yucks.. I knew sometimes I am unhappy but overall I could be happy too. But the doctor makes me feel that im much more stressed than I imagined subconsciously that’s why subconsciously im not able to rest well. Im quite sure he will refer me to a psychologist if I said I could not cope with my problems! Luckily.. its so scary.. ><
It just made me sad to realize im not what I thought I am..
Im really ok. Its just that suddenly I didn’t know what to do.. hahas.
11:52 PM;;
♥ find your instrument~ ♥